Tables and figures as visualization elements successfully complement the content of the thesis, make the material more understandable and easier to understand. To place them, you must follow certain rules, otherwise revision is provided. Experts can take care of all the rules for you when creating a paper. It just so happens that in our education system, a lot of emphasis is still placed not only on content, but also on form.
Where to place tables in the diploma?
Figures and tables in diploma works are located immediately after text fragments in which there is a mention of this material. Moreover, if the references are repeated several times, it is sufficient to place them only after the first one. As you can expect, editors from https://www.paytowritepaper.com/research-paper/ are able to choose the best method Further, you can specify a reference to a previously placed element, for example, see table 1. The second option is to place the table after the text in which it is mentioned for the first time, but on the next page. This is necessary if a break in an element distorts the meaning. Then there will be an empty block on the sheet with the text.
It is undesirable to transfer the table to another page by breaking it. If you do this manipulation, then you need to do so that the holistic perception is not lost. Only single rows and columns can be moved. You cannot make a transfer to another page, breaking at the same time one line and making a transfer of part of the text from one cell. In such cases, it is allowed to leave blank lines on the sheet. When the situation is dire, then proceed in order to purchase a paper. The table is too large, the complexity of the flowcharts and figures allows them to be moved outside the chapters and sections. In this case, separate application sheets are drawn up. It is allowed to use not only the standard A4 page format, but also A3 options, if the scale requires it. The standard requirements are as follows:
- Tables are always titled. The title is indicated above the schematic block, from the left edge, without using paragraph indentation.
- The word "Table" must be indicated, after which its serial number is prescribed (just a number, without using a number plate). The next component is the table heading, placed after the short dash. For example, the second table from the fourth section will be named as: "Table 4.2 - Survey results".
- Two numerical numbering is used for tables. The first digit corresponds to the number of the chapter or section of the diploma, and the second is the ordinal number of the table in that particular section.
- If the table is transferred and divided into parts, its header is duplicated on the next page. Alternatively, you can simply apply the column numbering on the next page. When transferring to the next page on the left, without indentation, the phrase "continuation of tables ..." and its number are indicated.
- The table is separated from the main text at the bottom and at the top by one blank line.